Pages

Friday, September 23, 2005

I have a new entry into my life, one whom it may not be entirely out of place to refer to as a Navarasanayaka, a rather appropriate appellation in the sense that it will be the purveyor of the navarasas, which, according to whichever is the scripture that defines the lot, are supposedly of essence for those that intend a maximal and comprehensive enjoyment of human life. To be precise, it will now be the steed that will transport me to dimensions I’ve hitherto hardly attempted to enter, and consequently missed out considerably on the joys thereof – most particularly music and movies. There were times when I did feel this absence rather sorely, there was this sort of void in my life, which has perhaps been a major prompt in the coming of this new presence in my life.

Yet another motivation for this new arrival has been, of course, an augmentation in the quantity of my monetary possessions, which the said arrival proceeded to plunge into the negatives, something that’s been rather familiar territory all through college. But its possession and of course, the prospect of the hours spent in its company are sufficient compensation to render worries on any such account unnecessary. Besides, you know, I turn it on like no one else does.

Now, I’ve to get busy. There’s effectively nothing on it. There’s stuff like Aashiq banaya aapne and Dhoom, not to mention something that the guy spells as a telagu movie, all of which it has to be disinfected of so as to render it worthy of the other bounties that it is going to be pampered with in due course of time.

No comments: